I recently installed a full Sametime Standard environment for a customer for a small number of users.
I decided to go for a 2 server install and put all WebSphere based components on 1 machine.
I ended up with 5 ip adresses on 1 network card on that machine. In the end I got everything working and I started to test the Audio and Video components.
They all seemed to work fine except from outside the network. Looked like I never reached the server. Telnet internally worked, external did not.
I started to do some netstat and found that the Turn server was not listening on it’s assigned IP. It was listening on the primary ip of the server.
I did roughly follow the from zero to hero guide to install the environment, so I had created a service for the turn service. After a while I found that running the Turn server using the provided batch file did the trick.
It started listening on the correct IP straight away.
Conclusion: This way of working is not reliable. I am still waiting for feedback from IBM Support to get this issue resolved. I will update once I get a solution.