I am currently facing an issue with a IBM Connections deployment were we have a changed context root for the applications. This causes the search in the mobile app not to work
instead of http://connections.company.com/mobile
We have http://connections.company.com/custom/mobile for a whole set of reasons and for all applications. This is a supported change on WebSphere and thus supported on IBM Connections. Everything works except for search.
We have opened a pmr and it looks like the mobile app is not picking up the changed context root and sending out it’s requests for feeds to http://connections.company.com/mobile. This url does not exist. This behaviour will be fixed when Connections 4 will be released but for now, you should be able to change this using this change on your IBM Http server (thx Nathan for sharing this)
- Enable the rewrite module — this line should already be in your config file but may be commented out. Make sure it exists and is uncommented:
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
- Locate a stanza that looks similar to:
LoadModule ibm_ssl_module modules/mod_ibm_ssl.so
- After this, add a new rewrite rule where “custom/search” is the context root for your search service:
RewriteRule ^/search/atom(.*) /custom/search/atom$1 [R]
- Restart the http server with <httpserver_dir>/bin/apachectl restart
- You can monitor the <httpserver_dir>/logs/access_log for traffic and to see whether the search requests are being redirected properly.
In our specific case this did not resolve the issue because we are fronted by a Webseal server that will not let this original url through but it should solve the issue if you are not using webseal